Seven Simple Tips for a "ProBody"
1. Forget "diets", instead gradually transition into a "healthy" eating plan that compliments your lifestyle. Eat healthy most days passing by the junk, saving one day per week for whatever you crave be it ice cream or donuts. Soon your 'cravings' will be easy to pass up.
2. Adjust your portion size to fit you, by using your own fist size to measure each portion.
3. Consume six smaller meals, eating every 2-3 hours. (For example, if you order a huge sandwich for lunch eat half, and save the other half for later.) Women aim for 1200-1500 calories, men 1800-2000 calories per day.
4. To shed pounds faster, try rolling out of bed 20 minutes early to do your cardio training on an empty stomach. Be sure to keep your heart rate in your training range, (to calculate: take 220 minus your age x 65% to 85% = target beats per minute for the entire 20 mins. Use lower percentage if you are deconditioned, higher percentage if you are fit).
5. Re-shape your body while increasing lean body mass and bone density with a weight training program that includes 1-2 exercises for each major muscle group; chest, back, legs, shoulders, arms, and abdominals. Perform three sets of 10 repetitions each. Seek out a professional training center, such as ProBody, to design a full body, or split routine workout for you.
6. Be sure you are learning the proper technique and form for weight training. These two elements are essential to create a strong, aesthetically pleasing body, and to avoid creating imbalances in your muscle groups which can lead to numerous back and joint issues or injuries.
7. Stay hydrated--- your body needs 8-12 glasses of water per day for proper digestion, to metabolize your food intake and balance sodium, for starters! Warm drinks work wonders to ease your appetite. Dehydration may make you feel sluggish and light-headed.